Municipalité de Sainte-Julienne
Settled by farmers from Lachenaie and Saint-Sulpice, this municipality was known as Village Beaupré until 1870, named for its founder, Louis-Joseph Beaupré. He was the uncle of a famous giant by the name of Beaupré. Saint-Julienne was at one time a stop on the railroad connecting Joliette to Saint-Jérôme. Once dependent on agriculture and forestry, the village now focuses on vacationing and services. The present-day population includes a sizable Laotian community. Stop awhile for a picnic at the attractive picnic site. In spring, the maple trail leads to some delicious eating.